Wednesday, March 9, 2011

eBooks

Update on the draft:  Almost complete!  For me, getting the story down from start to finish is probably the hardest part.  Now when it comes to editing, I can go for hours and hours and tweak the smallest of things, but I am as happy as a clam.  Maybe I should be an editor...

Anyways, as far as my professional author status goes, I guess you could consider me unpublished.  That doesn't mean I have not been published, because I have, but when it comes to my stories, I have yet to be published.  That's right, I currently have no agent, no publisher, nothing really other than my skill with the pen (ok the keyboard) and my passion.  So what's a girl to do in situations like this?  I could search and search and search for an agent or a publishing house willing to accept me, facing countless rejections and disappointment for probably years before I find a fit.  Or, I could publish within a new media.

Kindle.

Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is my plan for this particular book.  Publishing eBooks are on the rise, though I hope they never completely replace traditional books, I cannot ignore that market.  It is perfect for authors like me, no name and directionless.

The past several days I have been researching and researching Kindle, Amazon, and the publishing process.  I've been looking at book covers, colors, attractive fonts, success stories, marketing tips, most popular genres, and a variety of other topics.

Any of you have a Kindle?  I understand that this media tunes out certain people, but it also is my window of opportunity at this moment.  An experiment, a goal for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment